Opened in June of 2012, 8fifty is a wood-fired artisan pizza restaurant located in Middlebury, CT. Our traditionally decorated dining room comfortably seats 30 people. The bar area, featuring a custom built Ribbon Mahogany bar top, has seating for an additional 13 people.
A unique style of wood-fired artisan pizza is our specialty. We also offer freshly made salads, house-made soups, appetizers, pasta and weekly specials.
To quench everyoneʼs thirst, we feature 10 beers on tap, the majority of which are sourced from local craft breweries. We also offer a variety of bottled beers, a fine selection of red and white wines, and soft drinks.
Oh and by the way youʼll love our music…… stop in, unwind and relax with a a pie and beverage!
• Our artisan pizzas are 12” (sorry no slices). They are defined by the unique combination of a crispy thin crust with an oven-risen cornicione that is crunchy and fire-charred, yet soft and airy inside.
• The creation of our pizza begins with the dough. We craft our dough in an Italian-made “fork” mixer. After hand forming dough-balls we let them sleep in the walk-in cooler for 4 days. During this cold fermentation process the natural flavors of the dough mature; at the same time the dough becomes soft and tender..
• All toppings are the freshest ingredients available — locally sourced when possible — from the tomatoes we use in our pizza sauce to the freshly harvested vegetables and the fresh mootz!
• All pies are then skillfully baked in our imported Italian wood ﬁred oven. NO gas used here, only locally harvested hardwoods!
The Rest . . .
• The pride and passion we have for our pizza is evident in the preparation of the rest of our food!
• All our food is prepared using the freshest ingredients, sourcing from local farmers whenever possible.
• Our sauces, soups, meatballs, and specialty pasta recipes are Forcucci family original recipes from the Abruzzi region of Italy. These recipes are respectfully prepared and cooked to order, never pre-cooked beforehand.
• No food warmers, crock pots or steam tables used here!